Saturday, March 5, 2011

::It's official!::

Back when I was a young teenager I spent a great many hours obsessively watching Mtv, that is back when they still played music videos and not pointless teenage reality shows. My hey day of inspiration was circa 1997; Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Alanis Morissette, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Anyway this morning was pretty exciting as the video for "Lost In My Mind" by Seattle band The Head and the Heart, premiered as one of Mtv.com's buzzworthy videos.
It's pretty dorky to say but it chokes me up a little watching this come to life, having been part of the crew who put this together. I must commend Director Christian Hansen and Producer Bobby McHugh for scouting out the perfect secluded spot for this. Shot in a small open valley just outside of Leavenworth, WA where the acoustics were so awesome; The Head and The Heart's harmony's echoing off the hills under the full moon as it got dark.
Little 12 year old me who was crazy about the way songs can become something cinematic, is pretty happy she ended up here.
P.S. the 'behind the scenes documentary' I made for this production can be seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment