Monday, November 15, 2010

::This::

sol·id-state*  
–adjective
designating or pertaining to electronic devices, as transistors or crystals, that can control current without the use of moving parts, heated filaments, or vacuum gaps.
Origin:
1965–70

I'm not sure why I woke up with this* term in my head this morning. I've been having the most incredibly epic, fun dreams as of late...
This evening I'm spending some time with a new batch of secrets I discovered while back home in Hawaii last week; another beautiful little example of my dad's childhood stamp collection gathered and meticulously saved while he was growing up in Italy, Turkey, Germany, and Kansas.
As I get older and realize more and more of the funny disconnects within my immediate family sometimes it's hard for me to really see and feel my ties and lineage, but shuffling through these thin fragile artifacts I feel part of it all.







No comments:

Post a Comment